Last year, during our 2018-19 administrative year, Kiwanis Club of Columbus, on behalf of the Columbus Kiwanis Foundation, administered grants totaling $78,849 to the following Columbus nonprofit organizations:
$1000 – Columbus and Children’s Chorus Foundation
$2000 – Good Neighbors of Central Ohio
$2000 – Cristo Rey High School
$2000 – Community Shelter Board
$2000 – Local Matters
$2500 – Columbus Children’s Theatre
$2500 – City Year Columbus
$2500 – Alvis, Inc.
$2600 – American Red Cross
$4000 – The Salvation Army
$5000 – Lower Lights Christian Health Center
$5000 – Columbus Early Learning Centers
$5000 – YMCA of Central Ohio
$6700 – Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
$8000 – Moms2B
$8500 – The Art Mobile
$10,000 – Furniture Bank of Central Ohio
$71,300 Total Distributed
Apply for a Grant
The Kiwanis Club of Columbus has announced its grant making cycle for the 2019-2020 administrative year! Kiwanis’ focus is serving the children of the world and these grants will have a similar focus: serving the children of Franklin County, OH. Grant Applications are due Feb. 21, 2020.
A total of $50,000 will be awarded. Preference will be given to organizations with projects or programs in one or more of the following categories.
- The needs of children ages birth through five years. Any program or project serving this age group may be considered.
- The needs of children, youth, or families through programming that:
- Improves educational outcomes,
- Improves mental health outcomes,
- Addresses health disparities,
- Provides basic needs,
- Helps bridge families out of poverty or
- Enhances cultural or enrichment opportunities in Columbus through the arts, international relations or environmental/agricultural programs.
NEW: In addition, preference will be given to organizations with proposals that include existing or new hands-on service projects in which Kiwanis Club of Columbus members can participate.
Due Dates – Grant Applications are Due Feb. 21, 2020. Kiwanis Trustees will approve and announce grant winners April 14, 2020.
Eligibility and Restrictions
In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a tax-exempt organization.
- Request funding for programming primarily benefiting children ages birth to 18.
- Be located in and primarily serve Franklin County, OH with preference for those organizations serving children living in the city of Columbus, OH.
Kiwanis Club of Columbus will NOT fund:
- Grants to individuals including scholarships or camperships
- Grants supporting partisan political agendas or lobbying
- Grants to religious organizations for purely religious purposes
- Fundraising events
- Employee salaries
Applicants are asked to complete the club’s grant application form available at our website: www.columbuskiwanis.