Last year, during our 2017-18 administrative year, Kiwanis Club of Columbus, on behalf of the Columbus Kiwanis Foundation, administered grants totaling $78,849 to the following Columbus nonprofit organizations:
|Alive in My Heart||$5,000|
|Boys & Girls Club Columbus||$105|
|Columbus Children’s Choir||$500|
|Columbus Metropolitan Library – Family History Day||$1,500|
|Columbus Metropolitan Library – Summer Reading Club||$20,000|
|Good Neighbors of Central Ohio||$2,000|
|Homeless Families Foundation||$3,636|
|Homeless Families Foundation||$5,244|
|Lutheran Social Services||$2,000|
|Ohio Business Week||$2,500|
|Simon Kenton Council Boy Scouts of America||$5,000|
|Somali Community Access Network||$1,900|
|St. Vincent Family Center||$5,347|
|The Hardy Center||$4,617|
|YMCA of Central Ohio||$5,000|
Apply for a Grant
Kiwanis Club of Columbus is pleased to announce the grant making cycle for the 2018-2019 administrative year. Kiwanis’ focus is serving the children of the world and these grants will have a similar focus: serving the children of Franklin County, OH.
A total of $71,300 will be awarded during the 2018-19 administrative year (10/1/18 through 09/30/19) via two grant cycles. The average grant size is expected to be about $5,000. Preference will be given to organizations with projects or programs in one or more of the following categories:
- The needs of children ages birth through five years. Any program or project serving this age group may be considered. Kiwanis Club of Columbus is specifically concerned with decreasing the rate of infant mortality in central Ohio.
- The needs of children, youth, or families through programming that:
- Improves educational outcomes,
- Improves mental health outcomes,
- Addresses health disparities,
- Provides basic needs,
- Helps bridge families out of poverty or
- Enhances cultural opportunities in Columbus through the arts.
|Cycle I:||Cycle II:|
|Applications due by December 14, 2018||Applications due by May 10, 2109|
|Board action taken by February 12, 2019||Board action taken by July 9, 2019|
|Grantees announced February 15, 2019||Grantees announced July 12, 2019|
Eligibility and Restrictions
In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a tax-exempt organization.
- Request funding for programming primarily benefiting children ages birth to 18.
- Be located in and primarily serve Franklin County, OH with preference for those organizations serving children living in the city of Columbus, OH.
Kiwanis Club of Columbus will NOT fund:
- Grants to individuals
- Grants supporting partisan political agendas
- Grants to religious organizations for purely religious purposes
- Fundraising events
Applicants are asked to complete the Club’s grant application form here. Completed requests are due no later than 5 p.m. on the appropriate due date via email to Kiwanis Club of Columbus Secretary Paul Bohlman at office@ColumbusKiwanis.org. Paper applications will also be accepted and can be sent to Kiwanis Club of Columbus, P.O. Box 20334, Columbus, OH 43220-0334. Paper applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on the due date. Please do not send both an electronic and a paper application. Please submit any questions about your application to Secretary Bohlman prior to the due date. Kiwanis Club of Columbus reserves the right to solicit applications from any organization it chooses.