Columbus Kiwanis Foundation
Official 2018 Buckeye Ticket Raffle Rules
By participating, you agree that:
- All net proceeds of this raffle will benefit the Columbus Kiwanis Foundation, an Ohio non-profit corporation, recognized as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
a. Organizations assisting in the sale of raffle tickets will retain a pre-determined portion of each ticket sold.
- A maximum of 30,000 raffle tickets will be sold at $5 each. Each ticket will be entered
separately in the drawing. Each ticket has a separate and equal chance of winning as prizes are
being drawn. Chance of winning is one divided by the number of tickets sold (maximum
1/30,000). There is no limit to the number of raffle tickets a participant may purchase.
- The prize is one pair of Ohio State Football tickets for the 2018 home football season.
- All raffle tickets stubs, funds and unsold tickets must be submitted and accounted before on or before August 10, 2018.
- The drawing will be held on Monday, August 13 as part of the weekly meeting of the Kiwanis
Club of Columbus. The winners need not be present to win. If not present, the winner will be
notified by phone, e-mail or mail, via information provided the winner on the entry ticket.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old and must produce photo identification.
- Winners have 30 days from date of the raffle drawing to claim their prizes, or else they shall forfeit all rights and claims thereto.
- The cost of raffle tickets purchased is not tax deductible. Prizes may be taxable to the winner. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. Please consult your tax
- Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable gaming
activity with the purpose to defraud, or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud, is subject to
criminal prosecution under all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- The Columbus Kiwanis Foundation reserves the right to cancel this raffle at any time, in which event its liability is limited to the refund of ticket prices to participants.
- These official raffle rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by the Kiwanis Club of Columbus.