Last year, we donated $80,000 to nonprofits in Columbus, plus $100,000 in special grants to commemorate our club’s centennial!
In our 2015-2016 Administrative Year, we supported the following:
|Boys & Girls Club Columbus||$30,000|
|Childhood League Center||$1,000|
|Columbus & Central Ohio Childrens Choir Foundation||$20,000|
|Columbus Foundation (scholarships)||$20,000|
|Columbus Metropolitan Library||$12,000|
|Community Development for All People||$1,125|
|Community New Directions||$4,000|
|Competent & Capable Kids||$2,000|
|Good Neighbor Picnic||$800|
|Jazz Arts Group||$2,000|
|Kaleidoscope Youth Center||$20,000|
|Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics||$10,000|
|Ohio District Kiwanis Foundation||$1,623|
|Ronald McDonald HouseCharities Central Ohio||$1,000|
|St. Vincent Family Centers||$12,000|
|YMCA of Central Ohio||$30,000|
Apply for a Grant
The Kiwanis Club of Columbus is pleased to announce its grant making cycle for the 2016-2017 administrative year. Kiwanis’ focus is serving the children of the world and these grants will have a similar focus: serving the children of Franklin County, OH.
A total of $50,000 will be awarded over two grant cycles from 10/1/16 thru 9/30/17. Average grant size is $5000. Preference will be given to organizations with projects or programs in one or more of the following categories:
- The needs of children ages birth through five years. Any program or project serving this age group may be considered. Kiwanis Club of Columbus is specifically concerned with decreasing the rate of infant mortality in central Ohio.
- The needs of children, youth, or families through programming that:
- Improves educational outcomes,
- Improves mental health outcomes,
- Addresses health disparities,
- Provides basic needs,
- Helps bridge families out of poverty or
- Enhances cultural opportunities in Columbus through the arts.
|Cycle I:||Cycle II:|
|Applications due by December 16, 2016||Applications due by May 12, 2017|
|Board action taken by February 15, 2017||Board action taken by July 11, 2017|
|Grantees announced February 17, 2017||Grantees announced July 14, 2017|
Eligibility and Restrictions
In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a tax-exempt organization.
- Request funding for programming primarily benefiting children ages birth to 18.
- Be located in and primarily serve Franklin County, OH with preference for those organizations serving children living in the city of Columbus, OH.
Kiwanis Club of Columbus will NOT fund:
- Grants to individuals
- Grants supporting partisan political agendas
- Grants to religious organizations for purely religious purposes
- Fundraising events
Applicants are asked to complete the club’s grant application form here. Completed requests are due no later than 5 p.m. on the appropriate due date via email to Kiwanis Club of Columbus Secretary Paul Bohlman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper applications will also be accepted and can be sent to Kiwanis Club of Columbus, P.O. Box 20334, Columbus, OH 43220-0334. Paper applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on the due date. Please do not send both an electronic and a paper application. Please submit any questions about your application to Secretary Bohlman prior to the due date. The Kiwanis Club of Columbus reserves the right to solicit applications from any organization it chooses.